Monday, 8 April 2013

Hide your Face ... book.

The Internet is my life. I'm on it every single day checking "what others are thinking, what they like and what's happening in life. I am a member of many social networking sites. It all started in about Grade three where I signed up for club penguin. It started from there and changed year after year depending on my age. I jumped from gaia, to facebook, twitter, tumblr and than instagram. I'm on so many social networking websites that i later forget all about the old sites.I don't regret much on joining these sites but there are a few doubts.

My privacy settings had been checked and ready to secure. I hardly go on facebook now a days, i only go on for my youth groups events or for group messaging. I only show the month and date for my birthday and limit my pictures to only my friends. I also accept friends that I personally know and not just add random people. I am also aware of what i post and write on my social networking sites. I am internet safe.

The safe things to post is your favorite colour, or your pet face. It will also be reasonable to have a profile pic with a group of people instead of just yourself alone. It is never ever acceptable to put out your age, where you live, or where you are. Also don't put private information like your credit card number. Keep those personal information to yourself and only to yourself. A
nyone can 'stalk' you  using the information that you put online. Also to keep the photos to a minimum because they can use that against you.
It is important to be safe because you would never want to be in harm or have someone to stalk you or steal your identity

Just like the movie identity thief where a woman steals the credit card number and information just because of a simple phone call. The victim goes through so much trouble just to get his identity back. The woman stealing his identity has prevented the man to go to work, and do his basic routines.

So remember kids and all .... BE INTERNET SAFE!

1 comment:

  1. I really like your response. It's simple but straight to the point! And your connection to the film Identity Thief was a nice touch.

    ReplyDelete