My opinion about Michael Jeffries' view on who should wear Abercrombie and Fitch is a marketing strategy to get more publicity. How else do people get attention than by saying a hateful comment. Abercrombie and Fitch did get their publicity and not in a good way. I disapprove of what Michael had said for it had started a big argument against society and Abercrombie and Fitch. I personally think that those who are not bone skinny are more beautiful since they do have more curves. I still think that this was a marketing strategy, which gave more people who were an extra size a reason to buy Abercrombie and Fitch.
Personally, I think that targeting a particular group of teenagers is fair. I don't think it is fair when they make negative comments of the ones they aren't targeting. An example would be a skate shop would particularly target those who take an interest in skateboarding. There are also sport shops for those who enjoy playing sports. What Abercrombie did was unacceptable, they targeted a group of teens but they had to insult those that they weren't targeting. That is what isn't fair, To judge people out loud, everyone has their opinions, so i advice that you keep it to yourself.
In society as of now, we are trying to show everyone that natural beauty is the best. The following video is a dove commercial. Dove is doing a wonderful job in promoting natural beauty to women. In this video, women are to describe what they think they look like to a drawer who will draw what they hear. Next is someone who has seen the girl and will describe how they saw her. It shows that we all think less of ourselves than how other people see us.
Abercrombie and Fitch has just made even more people insecure and has resulted in a rising of those trying to stand up for those that don't have the voices to do so themselves. Abercrombie has contributed another point/image that people have to become and that is what beauty is.
Hi Kaycee,
ReplyDeleteI loved the video you added into your blog. using a Dove really beauty video truly fits for this blog entry :)
HEEEEEY KKDIAZ wassup lol.
ReplyDeleteI really like how you expressed your thoughts in this post. They were very clear and straightforward. It's really crazy how Abercrombie & Fitch think they're some really high-end brand like Chanel. It's disgusting how big they think of themselves by promoting only a certain body type to wear them.
I also really like how you included a video. (I actually used the same video in my post, but I posted it before I saw your post so I didn't copy!! LOL) It's amazing how Dove is putting out so many beauty projects to show women they are really worth something more! Great post!
-Unisus OUT ✌
I really liked the video and I love how you used it in turn with your response. I agree with your opinion and I think that Michael Jeffries is being very critical to alot of people and ruining his own brand.
ReplyDelete